None of the major events behind the beginning of the church in Philippi could have happened simply by the ingenuity of Paul and Silas.
It was God who:
- opened Lydia’s heart to believe.
- overpowered the demon in the slave girl.
- gave Paul and Silas ability to pray and sing hymns after being severely beaten and put leg clamps in a dungeon.
- brought an earthquake that freed the prisoners.
- changed the jailer’s heart and brought faith to his household.
Coffee/tea thought: God was behind the establishment of the church in Philippi. Let’s ponder the truth that this same God is still active in our churches and in our own lives.