Got something you're trying to avoid? It's not hard to come up with excuses ... especially for missing church. If you're wrestling with finding a good reason to skip church, here are 10 useful ones you can pull out as often as needed - everyone agrees with them because almost everyone uses them.
1. I was bored last time
2. I'm really tired from last nights event
3. I have too much work to do
4. The music is really amateur
5. I hate it when I have to talk to strangers
6. Its school holidays
7. The weather is too cold/cloudy/sunny/warm/windy
8. Nobody talks to me
9. The tea is dreadful
10. I come away feeling guilty.
Of course, any choice carries a loss and a cost. But surely these reasons are worth it! I mean, the cost is only:
- depriving others of my presence and gifts
- undermining the growth of the church
- weakening the community worship
- keeping my worship from God
- failing to receive God's ministry for me
- losing an opportunity to grow
- missing the chance to change someone else’s life
- lost friendship, lost friends
- enhanced reputation of weak commitment
It's easy, isn't it?